RFC 11: Curved Labels

Thu Feb 16 07:44:47 EST 2006

Great work guys! I look forward to this.

I couple of comments, which might be too detailed for the rfc, or not.

1) What is the behavior when the label extends beyond the feature?
2) Would it be appropriate to be able to control long labels on short
features? - I know we don't do this today so it might be outside of scope.
3) What plans if any do you have to deal with right side up-ness of a
label that is curved, I proposed a fast algorithm for that in the bug :)
The problem being that while the first character rendered might be right
side up, the remaining might be mostly upside down so a quick scan of
the feature is needed to determine what is right side up.

Thanks Benj and Steve!

-Steve W.