OracleSpatial 10i GetExtent slow

Hallgren Johan E jhhal at WMDATA.COM
Thu Feb 23 08:32:48 EST 2006

I have a table with about a million polygon records.

When I will do a getExtent it takes looong time. Five to ten minutes. I
can see it uses the "SELECT SDO_AGGR_MBR(SHAPE) AS GEOM FROM (SELECT
SHAPE FROM SJ_large_sdo);" and it seams as it have to run a full table
scan.

I'm using mapserver-4.8.1

Oracle 10.1 (windows Server)

MapFile:

CONNECTION "wmgis/xxx at wmsi1394"

CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial

DATA "shape FROM (SELECT OBJECTID, SHAPE, KKOD FROM SJ_large_sdo) USING
UNIQUE OBJECTID VERSION 10g"

Is there a way to get the extent faster? Don't OracleSpatial have some
metadata with extent?

Could I store the extent for the layer in the MapFile?

I'm using MapScript to build the logics

Thanks in advance

/Johan

Johan Hallgren
WM-data

Pelle Bergs backe 3
Box 1938, 791 19 Falun
Tel: 023-844 65 (int: +46-2384465)
Mobil: 070-588 44 28 (int: +46-705884428)
johan.e.hallgren at wmdata.com
<BLOCKED::mailto:johan.e.hallgren at wmdata.com>
http://www.wmdata.se <BLOCKED::http://www.wmdata.se>