OracleSpatial 10i GetExtent slow

Fernando Simon fsimon at UNIVALI.BR
Thu Feb 23 09:44:21 EST 2006

Hi,
    The getExtent feature need to return the extent for the layer,
and it's use as source the DATA definition.
    Of coure that for direct tables the USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA is the
best way to retrieve the extent for the layer, but the getExtent
function needs to be generic. So if the user defined a DATA parameter
that use a function (like SDO_BUFFER, SDO_XOR), or a specific where,
the getExtent needs to work too.
    To work with all cases the maporaclespatial.c need to be generic.
In this moment the maporaclespatial.c don't use the
USER_SDO_GEOM_METADATA. You can try to define others parameters for
VERSION to test the results.
    Best regrads.

Fernando Simon
Mapserver and Oracle Spatial developer