Feature polls...

Thu Jan 12 12:59:04 EST 2006

Hi all: What do you think of using polls to help prioritize development work in certain cases. I still do the bulk of
my MapServer development just for the hell of it so $'s don't set priority in those cases. It's more personal
preference or what I feel like doing. Perhaps that's ok since the time is being donated. That said, knowing what
is of interest to the larger community would help, could even help focus investment by interested parties, and
would help define a roadmap for each version.

At the moment I'm thinking about the following areas:

  - converting GEOS code to use the C wrapper
  - single pass queries
  - thick wu-lines
  - label prioritization support (wouldn't need most annotation layers)
  - relative positioning of inline features

I imagine there are others. Thoughts?