Feature polls...

Fri Jan 13 11:18:24 EST 2006

Even core features need prioritization although by a different audience...

>>> Frank Koormann <frank.koormann at INTEVATION.DE> 01/13/06 2:33 AM >>>
Dear all,

* Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at POBOX.COM> [060113 04:38]:
> On 1/12/06, Steve Lime <steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us> wrote:
> > Hi all: What do you think of using polls to help prioritize
> > development work in certain cases.
>
> I think some "feature polls" would be a good idea.
>
> >   - converting GEOS code to use the C wrapper
[...]
> >   - single pass queries
[...]
> >   - thick wu-lines
> >   - label prioritization support (wouldn't need most annotation layers)
> >   - relative positioning of inline features
>
> I suspec these changes that provide visual improvements will be
> of my interest to users.  Of course, they don't matter much to me.

I also think feature polls would be helpful in _some_ cases. But
Frank's comment raises an important point. While users might look after
the (new) features, there is also the need for core improvements (e.g.
your first two items). Their priority should be valued not by polls.

Best regards,

        Frank Koormann

--
Frank Koormann                             <frank.koormann at intevation.de>