Feature polls...

Fri Jan 13 14:56:52 EST 2006

I guess we'd need a poll then... ;-)

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: What do you think of using polls to help prioritize development work in certain cases. I still do the bulk of
> my MapServer development just for the hell of it so $'s don't set priority in those cases. It's more personal
> preference or what I feel like doing. Perhaps that's ok since the time is being donated. That said, knowing what
> is of interest to the larger community would help, could even help focus investment by interested parties, and
> would help define a roadmap for each version.
>
> At the moment I'm thinking about the following areas:

c => core
f => feature

1f is my highest
2f would be street labels the follow road shape (not splines).

1c. >   - converting GEOS code to use the C wrapper
2c. >   - single pass queries
1f. >   - thick wu-lines
3f. >   - label prioritization support (wouldn't need most annotation
layers)
4f. >   - relative positioning of inline features

-Steve W.