antialiasing stuff

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Sun Jan 15 17:55:04 EST 2006

After seeing how you had to tune the hardness value in order to get the
best possible looking maps, I agree that just soft and hard might not be
enough, especially when at the lower level the range of valid values is
much larger than that.

My main concern would be to not break backwards compatibility with older
mapfiles (even if antialias never really worked before). We'd have to
make sure that ANTIALIAS TRUE/FALSE are still supported by the parser,
with some acceptable default for the TRUE case.

BTW, isn't the internal hardness value a float in the 0.0-1.0 range? If
that's the case then that's what we should offer in the mapfile too.

Daniel

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca