enable label collision-management in sld context

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Sun Jan 15 18:14:36 EST 2006

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Peter,
> Dave Blasby has been experimenting with enhanced SLD and labeling,  with
> the aim of having the enhancements land back in the next SLD  revision.
> Rather than hacking into the old SLD spec, anticipating  the next one
> might be better.

Paul,

Did Dave come up with his own way that he is planning to propose for the
next SLD release, or did he look at some SLD work currently being done
at OGC? I agree that if this has been addressed already in some
work-in-progress doc then we should look at that instead of doing
something completely different. Do you (or Dave) have some insight you
could provide?

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca