mappostgis.c maintenance (Re: Release Candidate 3)

Philip Mark Donaghy philip.donaghy at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jan 24 06:17:26 EST 2006

On 1/20/06, Frank Warmerdam <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote:
> On 1/20/06, Umberto Nicoletti <umberto.nicoletti at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Gosh! I can't believe what I'm reading today on my email! I have
> > dreamt of making part of a big
> > open source project since when I started studying CS, so this is a
> > dream becoming true!
> >
> > Please consider this as a formal request to have commit privs on cvs.
> > I have read, understood and fully accepted the rfc at
> > http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-7/.
> >
> > My primary area of interest is Java Mapscript, but I'll help anywhere I can.
>
> +1 from me too then!
>
> I have dreamed of having someone with commit access
> interested in making Java Mapscript work the best it can.  :-)

I have dreamed of using Mapscript Java in many Apache projects. If
anyone is interested in participating in an Apache project focused on
making existing open source projects work well in existing Apache
projects let me know. We don't want another gis, we want to integrate
the best open source gis tools into a Apache licensed product. My
personal focus would be on documenting and writing administration
tools that make digital mapping making easier for the end user. I hope
to get this started at ApacheCon europe 2006.

> Best regards,

Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy
Office: +33 5 56 60 88 02