MapServer 4.8.0 RC3 released

Daniel Morissette dmorissette at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Jan 26 17:05:29 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

A few good issues were found and fixed since MapServer 4.8.0-rc2, so we
have to issue a third release candidate: 4.8.0-rc3
This will hopefully be the last release candidate leading to 4.8.0,
which we'd hope to be able to release sometimes next week.

The source is available in the download area of the website at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/download/beta/

A summary of the fixes since rc2 is included below.

  Daniel Morissette               dmorissette at dmsolutions.ca

Version 4.8.0-rc3 (2006-01-25)
------------------------------

- Add gml:lineStringMember in GML2 MultiLineString geometry (bug 1569).

- Move gBYTE_ORDER inside the pg layerinfo structure to allow for
differently
   byte ordered connections (bug 1587).

- Close file handle when saving symbolset.

- Fix the memory allocation bug in sdeShapeCopy (Bug 1606).

- Fixed OGR WKT support (Bug 1614).

- Finished implementation of OGR Shape2WKT function (Bug 1614).

- Added shapeObj::toWkt() and ms_shapeObjFromWkt() to PHP MapScript (bug
1466)

- Detect/add -DHAVE_VSNPRINTF in configure script and prevent systematic
   buffer overflow in imagemap code when vsnprintf() not available (bug
1613)