Newer Swig versions...

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 17 03:09:46 EDT 2006

On 7/12/06, Tamas Szekeres <szekerest at gmail.com> wrote:
> AFAIK the hobu's buildkit is now capable to use even the 1.3.29, and
> the previous ms4w was compiled using that kit (with 1.2.37 setting).
> The SWIG C# may result in unexpected behaviour when using earlier than 1.3.27.
>
> It must be noted that the SWIG guys like to issue backward
> uncompatible releases so continuously supporting the newer versions is
> a big deal ;-)

I would prefer keeping the current known-to-work version (which for me
is good ol' 1.3.21). I could upgrade to 1.3.25 which is the greatest
stable version currently available on gentoo. 1.3.27 and 1.3.29 are
still masked (that is they are unstable)  and by looking at bugzilla
for 1.3.27 it seems to be breaking more than one python library.

Umberto