dynamic symbols, eg bar graphs or pie charts

Fri Jun 9 13:20:21 EDT 2006

Have you tried dynamic pie charting?

    http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/charts/test.gif
    http://maps.dnr.state.mn.us/testing/charts/test.map

Again, I think bar charts can be done too.

Steve

>>> thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM> 6/9/2006 9:34 AM >>>
Steve: actually tim's implementation creates a new point layer , dynamically
creates images for each pie chart, and associates each of the points with
its corresponding image. The overhead is quite noticeable for more than a
bunch of pies to be generated.

Steve and Daniel: the url type symbol does seem promising feature-wise. but
once again the overhead of network request and probably two intermediate
files (one for owt, one for MS) seems quite important.

tb