AC_LD_SHARED

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Jun 19 13:03:20 EDT 2006

Folks,

The shared target (which I think we recently revised) depends on LD_SHARED
being defined to work properly.  But it seems that LD_SHARED is only
defined if PHP is requested since the LD_SHARED stuff was done within the
PHP logic.

I have modified configure.in and configure to run the AC_LD_SHARED test
after the PHP section if LD_SHARED was not defined.  This *should* ensure
that shared library building is support regardless of whether PHP was
requested but without interfering with the special logic in the PHP
section.

Let me know if anyone runs into problems, or has questions.