[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] 4.8 change in pixmap SIZE value

Thu Mar 2 22:17:16 EST 2006

Daryl: This is my fault. As part of a patch I applied that provided symbol rotation capabilities I transfered some other functionality that the user had also made in their version of mapgd.c. I guess I would vote to revert symbol size computation back to the traditional behavior- making the change in both CVS head and 4.8 (would be part of 4.8.2).

CC'ing the -dev list for comment. So, I'd hang on for a moment. 4.8.2 should be out soon...

Steve

>>> Daryl Herzmann <akrherz at IASTATE.EDU> 03/02/06 6:49 PM >>>
Hi,

I have recently been educated that the way to specify pixmap symbol sizes
has changed in the 4.8 series.  Previously, the SIZE setting would control
the pixmap symbol height.  In 4.8, the SIZE setting controls the largest
pixmap dimension either the height or the width.

IMHO, this is bad behaviour.  Is there rationale for this change?  I am
facing going thru all of my symbology and checking to make sure it is
still correct when I upgrade to 4.8.

Moreover, I can't find mention of this change in HISTORY.txt .  Did I miss
a discussion of this change on this list?

I can live with this change, but think it is horribly confusing for new
users and presents an un-needed complication when upgrading from 4.6 to
4.8

daryl

--
/**