Infos on connection pooling

Fri Mar 17 11:44:16 EST 2006

Is there any documentation on the way connection pooling works in
MapServer? I did a search on the website and found only two references:

A section of the OGR HOWTO:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/ogr_howto/#connection-pooling

and a paragraph under the PROCESSING directive in the mapfile/layer docs:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/layer/?searchterm=connection%20pooling

Is the information in the OGR howto the most complete doc that we have
for this feature?

Also, the LAYER docs says that Oracle connections support pooling. Is
this support complete? Are there any known issues with using connection
pooling with Oracle layers?

Thanks

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/