MapServer 4.8.2

Tue Mar 21 01:45:50 EST 2006

+1 on howard's proposal, with dan remaining as de-facto release manager.

i did find the symbol problem with 4.8 (some image scaling changes I made
were dependent on a simple fix made in cvs head that wasn't back ported).
i have committed the changes to the 4.8 branch (cvs head is up-to-date too).
so as far as bugs 1684 and 1705 are concerned i'm ready to go.

steve

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Howard Butler wrote:
>
>> Frank reminded me last night that according to MS RFC 1, we actually
>> have to call a vote to have a release.  Also, someone needs to be the
>> release manager.  I propose that we release MapServer 4.8.2 on Monday,
>> Tuesday, or Wednesday of next week, contingent on Steve's  symbol
>> fixes.  I volunteer to be the release manager for this release.
>

> +1 for a 4.8.2 release with Howard as release manager.

I didn't think a vote was required for minor/bugfix releases inside a
stable branch, I had always assumed that the release manager for that
stable branch (me in the case of 4.8.x) remained the de-facto release
manager responsible for planning and deciding on all bugfix releases in
the branch.

However, due to my lack of action on getting a 4.8.2 release out, I am
happy to vote +1 for 4.8.2 next week with Howard as release manager.

Thanks for taking the lead on this Howard.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/