MapServer 4.8.2

Tamas Szekeres szekeres.tamas at FREEMAIL.HU
Tue Mar 21 04:02:28 EST 2006



porting your cool nmake.opt and to 4-8 would be nice.


On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 00:45:50 -0600, Steve Lime <steve.lime at DNR.STATE.MN.US>

>+1 on howard's proposal, with dan remaining as de-facto release manager.
>i did find the symbol problem with 4.8 (some image scaling changes I made
>were dependent on a simple fix made in cvs head that wasn't back ported).
>i have committed the changes to the 4.8 branch (cvs head is up-to-date too).
>so as far as bugs 1684 and 1705 are concerned i'm ready to go.
>>>> Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at MAPGEARS.COM> 03/17/06 10:00 AM >>>
>Frank Warmerdam wrote:
>> Howard Butler wrote:
>>> Frank reminded me last night that according to MS RFC 1, we actually
>>> have to call a vote to have a release.  Also, someone needs to be the
>>> release manager.  I propose that we release MapServer 4.8.2 on Monday,
>>> Tuesday, or Wednesday of next week, contingent on Steve's  symbol
>>> fixes.  I volunteer to be the release manager for this release.
>> +1 for a 4.8.2 release with Howard as release manager.
>I didn't think a vote was required for minor/bugfix releases inside a
>stable branch, I had always assumed that the release manager for that
>stable branch (me in the case of 4.8.x) remained the de-facto release
>manager responsible for planning and deciding on all bugfix releases in
>the branch.
>However, due to my lack of action on getting a 4.8.2 release out, I am
>happy to vote +1 for 4.8.2 next week with Howard as release manager.
>Thanks for taking the lead on this Howard.
>Daniel Morissette

More information about the mapserver-dev mailing list