Support for detection of SWIG and MONO during configuration

Tue Mar 21 15:56:27 EST 2006

I agree with Howard that the best place to start would be to document
the requirements for each MapScript flavour in separate bugs, then once
we have sorted out the details I could try to help with the configure.in
updates.

A few questions to address:

1- How to detect SWIG, is it enough to look for the swig executable and
test its version? Also which version is required as a minimum?

2- Do we want the main Makefile automatically build all the enabled SWIG
bindings the same way that PHP MapScript is currently built
automatically by the main Makefile when it is enabled? I would think the
answer is yes, but we need to agree on that.

3- Then for each supported language, we need:
     - Makefile template, including targets for default build and for
install (optionally a 'make test' too)
     - List of dependencies to detect (e.g. /usr/bin/mcs for MONO?)
     - Required version(s) of dependencies

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette