Source Distribution

Karin Soltau kasoltau at WEB.DE
Wed Mar 22 03:54:19 EST 2006

Hi,
I have to compile the Sources under Windows. Apart from the fact, that I probably have to struggle with the compilation process (but may use the http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/win32_compiling -page) I was wondering why there are no supporting libraries (e.g. GD-Library) available when downloading the sources from the UMN-download-site ?!  Or do I just do not recognize them ?
A second question: which (possibly free to download) compiler do you advise to use ?
Sorry, I am not a very experienced programmer....
Thanks for hints.

K. Soltau