Automated tests (was Call for 4.8.3 release...)

Mon Mar 27 18:26:28 EST 2006

This brings us to another point. Sean's tests identified the embedding problem but were not run by me (or anyone else as far as I know) prior to the 4.8.2 release. In fact that bug probably was there at the 4.8.0 release. Others (Sean, Umberto and so on) have pushed for more testing and this issue underscores the fact. However, IMHO the tests need to be part of the "build" process so a make test and/or make pytest could trigger things very easily.

This is a hot topic on the OSGeo incubator list. How should we proceed as a project?

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> Hi all: We fixed a somewhat obscure but nasty bug with embeded legends and scalebars over the weekend. Basically you can't use that feature in 4.8 at all. It might make sense to cut a 4.8.3 to mitigate the problem. Looks like there was also a PostGIS patch that wasn't applied to 4.8.2. Any objections?
>
> Steve

Steve,

Please!  With all speed!