RFC 17: Dynamic Array Sizing

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Mon May 15 05:56:40 EDT 2006

Hi

Sorry for posting in this list since I'm no mapserver-developer, but I
wonder wether RFC17 may break
mapscript-applications, which hold pointers to mapserver-Objects.

Example Java:
- A Java-layerObj is created with "aMapObject.getlayer(1)". This
layerObj-instance holds a pointer
  into the Layer-Array of the aMapObject.
- After this, a new layer is added to the webobject.  The layers-Array in
the webObject could be reallocated
  by this action.
- Therfore the existing pointer in the Java-layerObj could become invalid.
This could cause crashes.

Did I oversee something?
Benedikt

UMN MapServer Developers List <MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU> schrieb am
12.05.2006 20:48:22:

http://osgeo.org