server-side SLD support

Paul Spencer pspencer at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Wed Nov 1 19:35:47 EST 2006

An editing application (we did one in Chameleon called Studio) works
with classes in mapscript and can save the result as a style sheet.
You can load a style sheet (creating the classes) then modify the
classes using mapscript.

Another thing to consider is a framework like Chameleon where the
mapfile is saved as part of the user session.  What would be the
impact there?  In that (specific) case, it would be desirable to just
save the classes and not the SLD ... especially if it is a URL
reference and someone changes the remote SLD ... could have an
interesting result!

I think (since this only impacts mapscript) that the behaviour could
be explicitly selected by the application, depending on the application

Cheers

Paul