requestResponseCRSs

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Nov 2 11:33:45 EST 2006

drotiro at tiscali.it wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm testing MapServer's wcs support, and noticed that it generates a
> single <requestResponseCRSs> tag for all the CRS while responding to a
> DescribeCoverage request, like this:
>     <requestResponseCRSs>EPSG:26917 EPSG:4326</requestResponseCRSs>
> the same should happen for the supported output formats.
>
> I think there should be a tag for every crs value:
>   <requestResponseCRSs>EPSG:26917</requestResponseCRSs>
>   <requestResponseCRSs>EPSG:4326</requestResponseCRSs>
> so I'm attaching a patch that implements this split.

Dominico,

I have read the above, and re-read the portion on supported CRS in the
WCS 1.0 specification and I'm afraid I don't see what you are getting at.
Are you suggesting that the WCS 1.0 specification requires a separate
<requestResponseCRSs> element for every CRS?  Or just that you would
prefer this?

I see no obvious sign in the WCS 1.0.0 textual description that multiple
requestResponseCRSs elements are expected.  I haven't reviewed the schema
files.