Bug 1957, a solution... (sort of)

Mon Nov 13 00:27:32 EST 2006

Hi all: I've been putzing around with bug 1957 testing. It's a problem
with GD where it's clipping too soon with brushed lines which leaves
artifacts along image edges. The wider the line the more obvious the
artifact. Plays havoc when tiling. Anyway, on a whim I installed the
version of GD that Autodesk updated as part of MapGuide figuring they
must have seen this behavior. They did and that code works great, no
artifacts.

So, what to do next? I don't want to have to fix GD yet again and I know
Bob and Gary had always intended to contribute their GD modifications
back to that project. I'm wondering about the possiblity of de-coupling
the Autodesk version of GD from MapGuide for a broader distribution-
sort of an OSGeo-branded GD. What do folks think?