Hide tileindex layer

Thu Nov 16 13:57:48 EST 2006

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I think if the wcs service is listed but the layer is not a raster layer,
> or does not have DUMP TRUE set, then an error should be emitted explaining
> the problem.

An option could be to emit a <!-- WARNING ... --> comment in the
GetCapabilities when this layer is being processed. At least for WMS and
WFS, WARNINGs in GetCapabilities are used this way to report several
potential config issues or missing pieces of info.

> I also think there should be an "all" option indicating that a layer
> should be made visible to all *applicable* services.

Or a way to make 'all' the default? For instance, we could allow setting
"ows_service" "wms, wfs" in the WEB metadata, and this value would be
inherited by default by all layers unless they have their own
ows_service metadata. This way if you want to include 20 layers and
exclude only one or two you can do it easily without having to set
ows_service on all layers in the mapfile.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/