5.0 Features (was Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] CVS branch created for 4.10.x)

Fri Oct 6 19:43:00 EDT 2006

Thomas: I've started a proposed feature set collection in the roadmap
document. I had included charting/graphing in the list even before I
read your message- so yes, there is a chance. Note this is only the list
I have had in my head and I'm sure there are other meaningful additions.
The list includes things I've heard folks talk about either on the lists
or at conferences.  I have been trying to drum up funding (not for
myself) for some of these and already have one solid commitment. The
folks I've been talking to about funding seem to want to have a feature
list to look at and "shop" from.

The list contains "big" items. A bunch of bug fixes or smaller feature
requests would also be completed.

So consider this the "thread" and a poll might not be a bad idea either
to see if developer and user idea align.

Steve

The 5.0 roadmap/release plan is at:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/

>>> thomas bonfort <thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM> 10/04/06 12:15 PM >>>
Hi all,

> The roadmap for 5.0 is currently under construction.

Will there be some kind of irc meeting / poll / thread ... for the
expected
new features of 5.0 ?
more to the point, what do you guys think about charting capabilities
(pie
charts, etc...) I introduced in bug 1800 ? any chance this being
included in
the next version ?

thomas