shapefile.add(shape) to an esri shp file

mikiet mike.talbutt at DOTTEDEYES.COM
Thu Oct 12 05:03:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have been trying to modify Paolo Corti's c# tutorial on adding points to a
shp file, using jama mapscript.

http://www.paolocorti.net/public/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=mapserver:tutorial:implementing_the_c#mapscript_code

                        String shapeFullPath = map.shapepath + "\\" +
activeLayer + ".shp";
			shapefileObj shapefile = new shapefileObj(shapeFullPath,-2);
			lineObj line = new lineObj();
			line.add(point);
		//create shape
			shapeObj shape = new shapeObj((int)MS_SHAPE_TYPE.MS_SHAPE_POINT);
			shape.add(line);
		//add shape to shapefile
			shapefile.add(shape);

I am trying to use the shapefile.add(shape) code however cannot add a
feature to my layer.

Can anyone tell me if this fuctionality has ever been implemented in java
and perhaps show me some code on how to do this ?

Many thanks