Tiles in Mapserver

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Thu Oct 12 03:14:38 EDT 2006

Hi Sture,

Mapserver accesses columns on index, which could likely be the problem. If
the sequence of columns in your dbf files differ, you could run into this
problem. Nothing much to do about it, make sure your shapefiles have the
same sequence of attributes when using tileindexes. AFAIK ogrtindex checks
for this requirement nowadays.

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden
OSGIS, Open Source GIS
http://www.osgis.nl

--------- Oorspronkelijk bericht --------
Van: Sture Dingsøyr <candalt at ONLINE.NO>
Naar: MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU <MAPSERVER-DEV at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Onderwerp: [UMN_MAPSERVER-DEV] Tiles in Mapserver
Datum: 12/10/06 03:59

> Hello!
>
> I have some shape files (19) that I have made a tile-file for, to use in
Mapserver. Then i noticed a rather veird thing. 18 of the shape files
displays correct when i draw a map, but 1 shape file never gets
displayed....

> By coincidence i deleted 2 DATE fields from the DBF file...and suddenly
also this shape is shown when i draw the map..

> Why is mapserver &quot;selective&quot; when it comes to drawing my shape
files contained in the tile? Is there anyway to &quot;debug&quot; a
tile-file?