Revised RFC 1 - Need Comments

Tue Oct 17 17:48:28 EDT 2006

I do think better defining responsibilites of membership would be
appropriate. I
stole a 6-month activity clause (you're potentially booted if you're not
active) from
the MapBuilder PSC document. Might look at Cameron's work for other
ideas.

Basically it boils down to voting, participating in discussions,
attending IRC meetings
when possible and that's about it. Not a huge commitment.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:

> That said, it still needs work, comments and so on. The document is
at:

>   http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-1a
>
> Feel free to edit, pass along comments, concerns or whatever...

I was reviewing the MapGuide PSC doc that is currently under development

at https://mapguide.osgeo.org/psc.html and noticed an interesting clause

that we may want to include in ours. Under the "Stepping Down" section:

"Likewise should a member of the PSC begin to act counter to the goals
of the project as a whole on a recurring basis, then a PSC member can
raise a motion to remove that member from the PSC. Again in this case a
majority vote is required to pass the motion thus removing that member
from the PSC."

What do you think of including this clause in the MapServer PSC doc as
well?

There may be some stuff in the Responsibilities section that we could
borrow as well to help in better defining the mandate of the MapServer
PSC and of its members.

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/