mapowscommon first pass attempt

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Thu Oct 19 23:26:29 EDT 2006

All,

I've completed a standalone first pass at implementing OWS Common 1.0.0
support (http://www.opengeospatial.org/standards/common), via
mapowscommon.c and mapowscommon.h.

Assefa and Dan have provided an initial code review (thanks guys).

The code initially implements clauses/subclauses 7.4.3, 7.4.4, 8, 10.2.1
and 10.2.2.

The code uses libxml2 to do the XML marshalling.

Using mapogcsos.c as an example (since the SOS code actually uses OWS
Common, I think this is the best place to get started), the way I
envision this code being used is:

- mapogcsos.c sets up libxml2 objects
- mapogcsos.c calls mapowscommon.c functions as appropriate
- mapowscommon.c returns libxml2 objects (XML chunks) to mapogcsos.c

The last bullet of RFC 7 states:

"If new files or library dependencies are added, then the configure.in,
Makefile.in, Makefile.vc and related documentations should be kept up to
date."

Is there a any step-by-step process on how one integrates new code (as
far as integrating into the files above, etc.)?  I guess I'm looking for
some integration help for a first timer here :)

Thanks

..Tom