MapServer 4.10-beta2 problems

Grefe, Jochen jochen at INGENIEURTEAM2.COM
Mon Sep 4 07:42:39 EDT 2006

Hello,

I tried to send this to the users list but I can't subscribe to the list.
Nevertheless, I think experiences from the new version are interesting
enough to disturb you.

I compiled mapserver successfully with msvc 2005. And I get two errors
in our existing mapserver application.

The first is issued through "Bug 1536 Mapserver postgis driver does not
quote field names with special characters" because I use expressions on
the select query. Uncommenting the two "strcat(columns_wanted, "\"");" lines
solved this.

The second has the error message :
msOGRFileNextShape(): OGR error. SetAttributeFilter () not supported on
ExecuteSQL() results
This happens on a virtual point layer working on a ODBC connection.
Due to the better error reporting integrated in version 1.96:
 * Revision 1.96  2006/04/08 03:36:48  frank
 * Ensure that an error in GetNextFeature() will be properly translated
 * into a MapServer error in GetNextShape().
it raised an error from the underlying driver. Uncommenting the error
handling and returning MS_DONE let everything work again.
This happened with a new compiled (MSVC8) gdal 1.3.2 and also with the
Revision 1.4 of ogrodbcselectlayer.cpp.

Hope this is interesting enough,
Best regards jochen

P.S.: Environment: