OracleSpatial attribute queries

Hallgren Johan E jhhal at WMDATA.COM
Sun Sep 17 14:57:24 EDT 2006

Do you mean that I should switch the data string from
DATA "shape FROM fastighetsytor USING UNIQUE OBJECTID VERSION 10g"
to something like
DATA "shape FROM fastighetsytor USING NONE OBJECTID VERSION 10g"
and then turn it back to what it was before?

Doesn't that mean that it don't return spatial data at all? I think I
tried it and it ended up with an empty map. What I want is to return
only those records that meets my criteria and render the map with those
only (just to clarify things).

Related to MapServes way of handeling queries like this I can't see the
reason why there isn't a virtual function for each related function in
MapScript. In that case it whould be up to actual driver to use the same
call to the database or to have different calls dependent on what
function the database could supply. Is it looks now, MapServer can't use
all facileties in the database becaus of how MapServer works (let me
know if I'm wrong).

/Johan

Johan Hallgren

WM-data
Pelle Bergs backe 3
Box 1938, 791 19 Falun
Tel (och mobil): 023-547 46 (int: +46-2354746)

johan.e.hallgren at wmdata.com
http://www.wmdata.se