SLD and WFS: filters

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) bartvde at OSGIS.NL
Wed Apr 4 04:50:24 EDT 2007

Hi list,

does the Mapserver SLD code handle filters differently than the WFS code?

We've run into the following problem that suggests the above. I suspect
that, for SLD, Mapserver internally will do the query and for WFS Mapserver
will let OGR do it.

Our SLD works fine, but if we use the same ogc:Filter in WFS it fails with:

msOGRFileWhichShapes(): OGR error. SetAttributeFilter( (KW_KWALITE> 3) )
failed on layer kw20070131.
Attempt to use STRING field `KW_KWALITE' with numeric comparison `>'.

So apparently OGR cannot handle the > operator on a string field, but
Mapserver can?

Shouldn't the two interfaces (SLD WMS and WFS) use the same approach
otherwise this can lead to inconsistent results?

Best regards,
Bart

--
Bart van den Eijnden