Chart positioning

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 2 09:23:14 EDT 2007

On 8/2/07, Daniel Morissette <dmorissette at mapgears.com> wrote:

> Nicol Hermann wrote:
> > Hi Daniel,
> >
> > as promised, i did some further tests with the new charting options.
> > I checked the layer types point and line and could not find any problems
> > so far. One question for my understanding. How do you determine the
> > position of the charts by line and polygon types?

for polygon layers its determined by the mapserver function
msPolygonLabelPoint, which does have a min_dimension parameter but I haven't
been successful when changing this.
for the line layers, the program starts with the middle segment of the line
and draws the chart there if it fits. if not it recursively tests the two
adjacent segments until a place has been found.

On thing i plan to do
> > are some collision tests. Is it possible to control this behaviour like
> > the force keyword in the labelObj?

I have no idea how this is done for labels. if you want to have a go at it
please do ;)