SDE 9.2 - Libs

Huey Brantley huey.brantley at VANDERBILT.EDU
Fri Aug 3 09:26:42 EDT 2007

Howard is correct. I used options, had to use the sdk and not the gis
install.

--with-sde=/u01/app/arcgis92sdk/sdeexe92/
--with-sde-version=92

I also want to point out that if your 9.2 is a new install or if you
create any new FC's after upgrading, you will probably have trouble
labeling using VARCHAR column types.  ESRI changed the default types to
support NVARCHAR (unicode).  MapServer won't be able to use this.  You
will have to override ESRI's defaults by adding:

UNICODE_STRING FALSE

In the defaults section of dbtune.sde.

-hb