AGG update and possible breakage

thomas bonfort thomas.bonfort at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 6 09:18:55 EDT 2007

have been looking more into this...
ubuntu, debian, redhat, mandrake and probably others all bundle their
libagg-dev or equivalent with the .h in the agg include directory and with
libaggfontfreetype.so in lib .
things go badder if you try to compile using the source directory of agg as
your --with-agg parameter, as libaggfontfreetype.o is not compiled by
default, and agg_font_freetype.h is not in the include directory.
for the autoconf knowledgeable:
 would their be a way of checking if agg_font_freetype.h and
libaggfontfreetype.so are in the default paths,
and then setting AGG_LIB=-lagg -laggfontfreetype,
 and if not compile or have the user compile
$AGG_DIR/font_freetype/agg_font_freetype.cpp, and then have
AGG_INC+=AGG_DIR/font_freetype and
AGG_LIB=AGG_DIR/font_freetype/agg_font_freetype.o -lagg

I think falling back to GD would be a pity as it's relatively easy to set
this up

tb