beta3 issues

Mike Leahy mgleahy at GOLDEN.NET
Wed Aug 8 17:29:50 EDT 2007

Hello,

I seem to have found two problems related to php_mapscript (on F7 64-bit).

First, if --enable-coverage is added to my compile options, I'll get the
following error message the php_mapscript.so module when it is loaded:

PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_mapscript.so' -
/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol: __gcov_merge_add
in Unknown on line 0

This problem exists in both beta2 and beta3 - I just hadn't noticed it
before because of the problems I encountered with the chsarp module I
brought up a couple weeks ago.  Of course, removing --enable-coverage from
my options solves that error.

The second problem, however, is with beta3 only.  Provided I omit
--enable-coverage, this version of the php_mapscript.so will segfault when
it is used (though it seems to initially load in PHP without errors).  All I
can see after I try to load a map (using one of the samples for Chameleon)
is this error message in my apache error log, while nothing at all gets
returned to the browser:

[Wed Aug 08 17:02:00 2007] [notice] child pid 802 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

I'm using Chameleon 2.4.1 to test this...so maybe something new in beta3 is
incompatible with that version of chameleon, or the sample mapfile.  It
works fine with beta2 (without --enable-coverage).  Let me know if I should
file any bugs or if there is anything else I can do to help.  If anyone has
mentioned this already, I apologize for the duplicate.

Regards,
Mike