Status of RFC 31

Wed Aug 8 17:30:23 EDT 2007

> What do you mean by how to deal?

I mean to we want to expose that function name "as is", so you'd do:

  $map = mapscript::msLoadMapFromString($string);

or would it be better to handle it some other way.

Steve

Steve Lime wrote:
> It's basically done (except for the URLPATTERN , rats) but needs testing and some documentation of course. I added "updateFromString()" methods
> to all mapscript objects. The string loader for a mapfile only exists as a direct call to msLoadMapFromString, I didn't change the constructor for a mapObj,
> not sure how that would work.

   >>> map = mapscript.fromstring("""MAP ... END""")

that seems pretty simple. It would be good enough for 5.0 if this always
returned a mapObj or raised an exception. Later, you could add logic to
let it create layers or others.

> Stuff "todo":
>
>   - figure out how to deal with msLoadMapFromString

What do you mean by how to deal?

>   - update PHP/MapScript with the updateFromString methods (will create a bug)
>
>   - create a documentation bug
>
>   - develop some test cases
>
> Any help appreciated...
>
> Steve

I already committed one test, and will add more.

Cheers,
Sean