beta3 issues

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Wed Aug 8 18:12:27 EDT 2007

2007/8/8, Mike Leahy <mgleahy at golden.net>:
> Hello,
>
> I seem to have found two problems related to php_mapscript (on F7 64-bit).
>
> First, if --enable-coverage is added to my compile options, I'll get the
> following error message the php_mapscript.so module when it is loaded:
>
> PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib64/php/modules/php_mapscript.so' -
> /usr/lib64/php/modules/php_mapscript.so: undefined symbol: __gcov_merge_add
> in Unknown on line 0
>
> This problem exists in both beta2 and beta3 - I just hadn't noticed it
> before because of the problems I encountered with the chsarp module I
> brought up a couple weeks ago.  Of course, removing --enable-coverage from
> my options solves that error.

Mike,

In the meantime I've tried the csharp issue on the telascience
buildbot server (Linux version 2.6.17-1.2142_FC4,  Mobile AMD
Athlon(tm) XP-M 1800+) and also fails.
However the csharp library have been built without this option can
successfully load the core libraries with this option enabled.
Nonetheless, I'm not totally sure whether suppressing this option for
mapscript libraries would be sufficient for your needs or not.