msautotest on Windows (buildbot) for MapServer 5.0

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Aug 28 18:17:56 EDT 2007

Tamas Szekeres wrote:
> 2007/8/28, Normand Savard <nsavard at mapgears.com>:
>> I noticed that the wxs/sld tests failed because the projection 42304 is
>> not found (see the error message below).  The projection is defined in
>> the map file as:
>>
>> PROJECTION
>>  "init=./data/epsg2:42304"
>> END
>>
>> The epsg2 file is really in the data directory.  I have no idea right
>> now why it doesn't find the projection file on this Windows machine.
>> The Windows machine at our office didn't meet this issue.
>>

> Normand,
>
> I think there's quite some confusion about how mapserv actually does
> the lookup of the epsg file for getting the project parameters.
> Therefore it's worth considering to embed the proj parameters in the
> mapfiles whenever it's possible so as to minimize the external
> dependencies of the tests.
>
> In this particular case I did some investigation and found that
> embedding that projection in c.\proj\nad\epsg could solve the issue on
> the windows builders.

Tamas,

Local lookups as done above *should* work.  I'd rather track down
why they don't work in some circumstances.  Do these never work on
windows, or are they just failing for some people?

>> Finally some of the tests failed because of floating point rounding
>> rules difference between Windows and Unix.  These tests need to be
>> validated visually and move to the expected directory.  They are:
>>

> Perhaps we could alter the compare algorithm of the images using a per
> pixel method with a proper tolerance considering the difference
> between the rounding rules.

This is pretty tricky.  But I'm hoping to review PerceptualDiff for
a fuzzier sort of image comparison.  In the meantime we are stuck doing
visual comparisons.