Fwd: Talk about your project at Annual General Meeting

Wed Aug 29 15:16:33 EDT 2007

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>
>> That jogged another thought, we should summarize our Google SoC
>> efforts and results.
>>

> Not sure if I want to report that
>
>   if (num_soc_projects == 0)
>      soc_results = NULL;
>
> Daniel

There is that, but then we might want to report that and walk about how
we might better utilize that in the future.

Another thing we might want to talk about is the product lifecycle of
mapserver and how this might impact out future thoughts and planning.
Mapserver enjoys a position of a rich feature set, and fairly mature and
stable code base and release cycle. On the other hand, the code base is
a legacy that comes with a user base that you can not ignore. This is a
double edged sword. I'm sure it has implications that we might want to
discuss in out future planning.

Anyway, food for thought and mostly likely not all of it should go into
your presentation.

-Steve