CSharp MapScript doesn't like AGG

Mike Leahy mgleahy at GOLDEN.NET
Thu Aug 30 08:11:58 EDT 2007

Hello list,

It looks like CSharp doesn't like to be compiled with AGG support. That is,
the module will appear to compile, but make test fails, as does its use with
other .Net apps.  The output is the usual "Unhandled Exception:
System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type
initializer for OSGeo.MapServer.mapscriptPINVOKE ---> [etc., etc., ...]".

If I recompile without adding --with-agg=/usr to my configure options, it'll
work as expected. I'm not sure what the problem is, but this is now added to
what appears to be a growing list of compile options that I need to be leave
out for CSharp to work (this already includes --enable-coverage
--with-fastcgi=/usr, as discussed earlier).

This problem occurs for both 64-bit and 32-bit platforms that I am using.

Should I file a bug, or is this a known issue that I may have missed?

Regards,
Mike