Minutes of August 31 IRC meeting

Fri Aug 31 15:08:15 EDT 2007

Here are the minutes of this morning's IRC meeting:

MapServer 5.0 IRC Meeting, August 31, 2007

Agenda:
-------

1- Update from developers
     - NOTE TO ALL: Next week is our release candidate, all your tickets
need to be either fixed or deferred to 5.2 by Tuesday night
     - Review state of Trac roadmap at
http://trac.osgeo.org/mapserver/milestone/5.0%20release?by=owner

2- Update from Docs group

3- Update from QA group

Present:

   DanielM, SteveL, ThomasB, JeffM, HowardB, AssefaY, TamasS, FrankW

1- Update from developers

   - In order to have a release candidate on Wednesday, we should address
     all the bugs we can before Tuesday night, either by fixing them or
     moving them to 5.2 if they are not critical

   - Vote for a RC next week: +1 from Daniel, Howard, Assefa, SteveL,
     Frank and Tamas, +0.5 from ThomasB who would have preferred the
     agg cde to go through a bit more testing , but have nothing special
     to add for the time being

2- Update from Docs group

   - Still lots of work to do on docs front. We can't release without
     a thorough review of the docs

   - Jeff to setup a docs task list (or file Trac tickets in docs component)
     so that we can track what's left to do and progress on docs.

3- Update from QA group

   - Norm has run the OGC WMS 1.1.1 tests and MapServer passes all of them

   - Ideas/suggestions welcome to improve our QA efforts in future releases

4- Next meeting:

This may be our last 5.0 IRC meeting if Wednesday's RC is a good one. We
may
need another IRC meeting the morning of Sept 19 to decide if we release or
make another RC, but we'll try to handle this by email first and decide
if IRC is necessary at that time.