GML 3 support

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Mon Feb 5 09:05:06 EST 2007

> I am trying to setup Mapserver's GML 3.1.1 support (using
> Mapserver 4.10.0) but I am running into a validation error
> with XML Spy 2006, the error is:
>
> File c:\Documents and Settings\bart\My
> Documents\gml3\provinces.xml could not be validated because
> of an error in XML Schema/DTD (see below)  File
> http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/lausanne/mapserver/p
rovinces_of_holland.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0>
&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME=nl-prov&OUTPUTFORMAT=SFE
_XMLSCHEMA
> is not valid.
>      'gml:MultiSurfacePropertyType' must refer to an existing
> simple or complex type.
>          Error location: schema / complexType /
> complexContent / extension / sequence / element / @type
>          Details
>              src-resolve.4.2: Cannot resolve declaration or
> definition 'gml:MultiSurfacePropertyType'.
>
> Should the include in the schema not be gml.xsd instead of
> feature.xsd? If I change that the schema validates.
>
> <import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
>
> schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/gml.xsd" />
>
> instead of
>
> <import namespace="http://www.opengis.net/gml"
>
> schemaLocation="http://schemas.opengis.net/gml/3.1.1/base/feat
> ure.xsd" />

I can't reproduce your problem (using latest CVS).  I get a valid
document (XML Spy 2007 sp2).  Can you possibly send over some test data
(offline)?

..Tom