bug in GML writer

Mon Feb 5 08:45:43 EST 2007

Bart van den Eijnden (OSGIS) wrote:

> Is there any way to change the current behaviour in Mapserver so that a
> GetFeature request without a spatial filter won't use the MAP's EXTENT?

Well, GetFeature uses QueryByRect() to fetch the features to return,
which requires a rectangle (BBOX) as input. We'd have to change the way
the WFS GetFeature is implemented internally to be able to operate
without a spatial filter.

Independently of that, in all other cases the mapfile extents serve to
define the default area of interest of your application or service, so I
find that it makes sense for the WFS to filter based on the mapfile
extents by default. I would not consider that a bug, I would say it's a
feature.  :)

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/