Windows makefile.vc does not reflect the capabilities of the source code

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 15 09:11:35 EST 2007

Hi All,

I haven't use the CVS version of the makefile.vc for a long time, but
now I've recognized that some of the elements were taken out
eventually.

The transition of ver 1.16 to 1.17 is a good example for it:

http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/viewcvs/mapserver/nmake.opt.diff?r1=1.16&r2=1.17

where TIFF=-DUSE_TIFF have been completely disappeared.

So if we does not support these features anymore it is worth
considering to remove the corresponding code (#ifdef USE_TIFF
related).
However this feature is still supported by the unix builds.

Best regards,

Tamas