MS RFC 22a: Feature cache for long running processes and query processing (update)

Thu Jul 5 07:43:27 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> Would it make sense to have a function for getting the shape from
> the result cache?  So that we could leave it null for some providers
> (like shape or raster) and have this function call getShape when it isn't
> in the result cache?

Probably a good idea. However the current getShape() function requires
that the caller takes care of calling open/close on the layer. Before
this function is added we'd need to decide how the open/close calls are
handled in the cases where it calls getShape().

Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/