nightly snapshot and lexer

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Mon Jul 9 13:09:54 EDT 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:
> Folks,
>
> The nightly snapshot http://cvs.gis.umn.edu/dist/nightly.tar.gz does
> not seem to be generated with the right version of flex.  In particular
> maplexer.c lacks the msyylex_destroy() function.
>
> Could whoever is in charge of this (Steve?) look into it as it is
> frustrating folks using the snapshots.

Steve,

Sorry for the confusion. In fact the nightly is now generated on
download.osgeo.org and that script doesn't run flex to regenerate
things.  *But* it seems I failed to update the link to the nightly
snapshot on the portal when I set this up, so the link was still pointing
back to the old snapshot being generated at UMN.

I have fixed the link on the portal and verified that the osgeo nightly
builds properly.

Perhaps you could disable the old nightly scripts and remove the old
nightly tarball at umn sometime to avoid future confusion?

BTW, for anyone interested, the downloads are generated by the
/osgeo/mapserver/nightly.sh script on download.osgeo.org.  The script
is run by a cronjob under my account, but anyone with sudo access on
that server can update the script when needed.