QA Checklist for MapServer 5.0 release

Mon Jul 9 13:34:17 EDT 2007

Steve,

I originally add the message below to the Daniel's request for the 5.0
freeze delay, but this might be more appropriate to this thread. Or we
might want a QA column about having documentation.

------- included message -----------

I would also like to comment that I would like to see additional
developer documentation in rough added but developers of new features,
especially those that do not have additional feature development work to
do. While I know the RFC is supposed to help in this areas it is far
from complete and often not useful from the how to use the feature
perspective. I think this is critical on multiple fronts:

1) without dev docs you don't know how to use the new features
2) without dev docs you do not know if the features are complete
3) without dev docs you can not put together a test plan
4) without dev docs the doc staff has little to go on to plan their efforts

So what to we need for dev docs?

1) Not polished docs
2) list of new, changed and obsoleted features
3) how to access each feature
4) what options each feature has
5) how to enable each option
6) I'm sure examples would be welcome if you have them or pointers to
the msautotest cases

-Steve W