QA Checklist for MapServer 5.0 release

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Tue Jul 10 14:52:08 EDT 2007

Normand Savard wrote:
> All,
>
> To ensure that we have a good quality release for 5.0 I suggest that we
> use a similar form that we used for the previous release.  It will help
> us keep track of which features or group of features have been tested
> during the release cycle.  This list is not an exhaustive list of all
> features but tries to cover the main parts of MapServer.  As you will
> see I also added a column for each new feature that will be included to
> this release.  In this way we will be able to evaluate how much testing
> is done on each one of them.
>
> I wrote down some names in the form to act as testers but I prefer that
> experienced users fill this role instead of developers.  So if any
> experienced user is interested in giving a hand to make our testing
> effort more valuable, let us know and we'll add your name to the table.
>
> I have added a "QA/Tests Checklist" to the 5.0 release plan at:
> http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/release_plans/mapserver_5_0/mapserver_5_0_qa_checklist
>

> I will maintain the checklist and coordinate the QA initiative.
>
> If you have any comments do not hesitate to contact me.

Norm, Tom, etc,

I wonder what we can do to "freshen up" msautotest.  I notice that there
are alot of failures even in the wxs area.  For instance:

warmerda at amd64[3]% diff {expected,result}/wms_get_caps.xml
21c21
<   <ContactInformation>
---
 > <ContactInformation>

Apparently the formatting of the contact info metadata changed a bit
and all the expected output will need to change accordingly.  But each
difference has to be investigated a bit to make sure it is appropriate.

Who would be interested in getting involved in this?  I'm willing to
work on msautotest/gdal if someone is willing to take on msautotest/wxs.